Donate to the EDDC
The EDDC is a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization
Your donation is tax deductible. Gifts to the EDDC are used for things like:
- Creating a robust calendar of events throughout the year;
- Supporting downtown beautification efforts through public art projects;
- Hiring consultants and contractors, as needed;
- Travel to promote Erie as a place to live, do business and invest; and
- Community engagement activities.
In-Kind Donation of Goods or Services
Gifts of goods and services that assist with the operations of the EDDC, and/or the development of properties, are always appreciated and may also be tax deductible.
Opportunity Fund Investment
The EDDC’s entire footprint has been designated a federal Opportunity Zone. Individuals or businesses with capital gains can partner with the EDDC by investing in one or more development projects in downtown Erie. By doing so, the investor can realize significant tax savings over time while simultaneously making a transformational impact on the Erie community.
If you are interested in selling property in downtown Erie, and also wish to support the mission of the EDDC, you can consider a “bargain sale,” which constitutes a portion of the sale of your property a gift to the EDDC. This results in tax advantages for you, and supports the revitalization of the community.